What Calvary Chapel Newcastle believes.
- We believe in the good news that anyone can be freely forgiven in Jesus Christ, and spend eternity in peace with God.
- We believe Jesus lived a sinless life, yet died on the cross to pay for our sin, and rose again on the third day, conquering death.
- We believe that all who believe this in their heart and are willing to confess it are forgiven and become God’s child.
- We believe they are saved from sin, are promised everlasting life with God, and will come to know the love, the peace, the comfort, and the friendship of the God who made them and loves them enough to sacrifice His only Son.
- We believe that there is one god, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian’s enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the 66 books of the Bible as the word of God, inspired and infallible in its original writings.
- We believe the bible is relevant and applicable to man today; therefore we place great emphasis upon teaching it in public, studying it in private, and using it as a guide for our daily lives!
- We believe in the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. These ordinances are observed in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ, as acts of love and devotion, and are not considered to be necessary for our salvation.
- We believe that the creation of all things by God was accomplished in a literal six day period.
- We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ and the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; the saved resurrected unto life and the unsaved resurrected unto judgement.
- We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture of the church and hold to the pre-millenial theology.