Special Religious Education (SRE)
- a cleared and verified Working With Children Check
- an approved CCN Children and Youth Ministry Leadership application, including personal declaration of faith, checked references, and commitment to CCN Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
- completed Children Protection training (Creating Safe Spaces or Safe Churches Courses).
- completed and ongoing SRE training (modules as set out by the ICCOREIS framework).
SRE teachers are provided with:
- an Authorisation Card worn at all times at the school.
- a letter to the school prior to commencement of lessons for the year, identifying the name, date of birth, contact details and Working With Children Check number of all authorised teachers.
- cross-authorisation of all SRE teachers working within the school.
Ongoing training is provided through:
- Seven modules of Basic SRE Training in line with the ICCOREIS 7 Module Training Framework. See ICCOREIS website for further information: Click Here for ICCOREIS-7-Module-Training-Framework.pdf
- Annual lesson observations and reflection: The teacher review process will guide the focus for ongoing teacher training and the topics identified will be included in the annual assurance to the department.
- Annual training sessions provided by Calvary Chapel Newcastle on identified topics, such as child protection, teaching strategies, and behaviour management.
Click below for the curriculum scope and sequence for the authorised curriculum used in schools by our teachers:
GodSpace – God Space Website
Think Faith – Think Faith Scope and Sequence
Love Out Loud OZ – https://www.
Every 5 years, there will be a process of cyclic curriculum review. For further information about about the contents of lessons, contact the curriculum providers.
Our complaints procedure is downloadable from the link below.